$800 value & $250 Gift Card donated to teachers at CO Public Schools with greater than 50% FRL enrollment. If your school has less than 50% FRL enrollment, then you can still get our donated STEM Project with Mindfulness Twist and engage your students in our Diverse STEM Stories: Choosing a STEM Path, May 3-7, 2021.
Keep your students engaged in their learning with fun, hands-on STEM PBLs, whether remote or in-person.
Build students’ STEM identities and empower them to explore the science behind things in their everyday lives.
4th-6th grade students LOVE our STEM projects! They learn to read, write, evaluate information and research like scientists and engineers.
Our flexible, whole-child, scaffolded, process-based, STEM 3-Project Series will help you to teach your students the process of doing science with minimal adult support.
Each project builds upon the other and aligns with and supplements the Colorado Academic Standards in Science, using a 3D NGSS approach.
Each student activity builds students’ STEM identities by connecting the activity to what scientists and engineers do in their careers.
The phenomenon-based projects explore the science behind common toys that children have played with, inspiring them to explore the science behind things in their everyday lives.
Educators serving at CO Public Schools with greater than 50% FRL enrollment, sign up by February 15, 2021 to receive:
- Professional development (3 hour webinar with completion certificate OR 30 minute introductory session and PD videos) + project lesson plans.
- Google Docs of student lessons – English & Spanish.
- Pre- & post-assessments + grading rubrics.
- Up to $250 in gift cards.
After you sign up, you’ll have the option to:
- Receive donated Project Kits, 1 kit per student, and
- Sign up for a personalized. whole-class time block May 3-14 to connect with diverse STEM professionals for:
- Diverse STEM Stories: Choosing a STEM path, and
- STEM Share Fair: Celebrate student-led STEM
Winter 2021 Professional Development Dates & Times (2-3 hours, MST)
Monday, January 18, 2021, 9:00 AM
Monday, January 18, 2021, 1:00 PM
Thursday, January 21, 2021, 3:30 PM
Wednesday, February 3, 2021 3:30 PM
Thursday, February 25, 2021 3:30 PM