Make Science Fair Fun™ Introduction to “The” Scientific Method – Paper Absorption In-Class Project Kit, 5th Grade
Challenge your students to develop their Next Generation Science Standards (NGSS), Science & Engineering Practices and STEM skills. These Grade-level, In-class Project Kits help to introduce your students to the process for doing science or engineering in the context of a Science & Engineering Fair project. Each kit aligns with and supplements an NGSS unit and builds out the process for doing science.
Overview: Students will conduct a scientific investigation that uses prior knowledge from their own life experience and takes them through the steps necessary for completing a science fair style project.
Grade Level: 5
Time Required: 2 class periods
- 1 Printed Teacher Lesson Plan
- 1 Container of 100 Capillary Tubes
- 1 Container of food coloring
- 30 Poly 3-prong, 2-pocket project folders
- 30 Printed Student Lesson + Worksheets
- 30 Printed Pre-assessments
- 30 Printed Post-assessments
- 30 Rulers
- 30 Pipettes
- 15 Petri dishes
- 30 Magnifying lenses