Science Fair Fun is on a mission to create more inclusive, equitable and skills-based Science & Engineering Fair experiences. Our team is passionate about leveling the Science Fair playing field. We envision a day when every child:
- Gets to experience what it is like to be a scientist or engineer, particularly minorities, girls and those from low-income communities, so they can know “Hey, I can do it!”
- Has the option to enter the current, highly-lucrative Science & Engineering Fair system through which they have internships, job opportunities and over $5M annually available to them, and
- Develops problem-solving, creativity, communication and teamwork skills that they can apply to any innovative path that they choose.
We are the first and only to fill this need from every angle.
Science Fair Fun has a foundation of values based on:
- Fostering educational equity – Each and every student, locally to worldwide, deserves the opportunity to learn and grow through Science Fair Fun cutting edge resources, regardless of their access to financial, mentoring and educational resources.
- Prioritizing integrity and innovation – All Science Fair Fun products and services must have a solid foundation in integrity and innovation.
- Emphasizing skills development – Science Fair Fun’s products and services emphasize skills development, not winning, by challenging students’ NGSS Science and Engineering Practices and their 21st Century Skills.
- Promoting authentic and experiential learning –
- Science Fair Fun services must support students, parents, teachers, mentors and fair coordinators who want to foster authentic K-12 learning and innovation through positive Science & Engineering Fair experiences.
- Authentic learning will help produce the next generation of entrepreneurs who will drive the future of Science, Technology, Engineering & Math (STEM) innovations worldwide.
- Authentic STEM learning experiences can be created through Scientific Inquiry, Project Based Learning (PBL) and engineering Design Thinking (DT) approaches to Science & Engineering Fair (SEF) projects.
WHAT DRIVES US
After providing our IMPLEMENT Innovator program to a Denver Metro Title 1 school, the fair organizer, a teacher, shared a heartfelt story with us. She explained how one of her most at-risk students, came to her the day after their fair and declared that he was going to be an engineer when he grew up. She further explain that that day forward, this child had totally turned his behavior around in class and he was committed to trying his best. He had found something in life that “fit” with him. He saw himself as an engineer for the first time and realized “Hey, I can do it!”
Stories such as this are what drives us to bring Science Fair Fun’s programming to as many children as we can who are under-represented in Science, Technology, Engineering & Math (STEM) disciplines. This story is the essence of what our programming has been delivering since 2014. We rely on generous donors, committed companies, inspiring mentors and dedicated volunteers who have devoted their resources to lifting under-served children to heights they never even imagined were possible.
We provide leading-edge tools and support that inspire and empower kids and their grownups to have fun and innovative Science & Engineering Fair experiences.
- Foster authentic STEM learning experiences for students of different interests, talents and learning styles.
- Make the most of the creative thinking process by using visual tools for thinking and proven STEM Project-Based Learning (PBL) and Design Thinking (DT) approaches.
- Challenge students’ mastery of the Next Generation Science Standards (NGSS) Science & Engineering Practices and their 21st Century Skills, namely creativity, critical thinking, communication, and collaboration.
Our guiding principles for each program:
- Inclusive, equitable & skills-based
- Low-stress, fun & innovative
- Logistically simple & sustainable