Our sponsors want to give you and your students Make Science Fair Fun In-class Project Kits, valued at over $200 per kit!
Science Fair Fun’s programs are designed to:
- Support the new Colorado Academic Standards in Science by aligning and supplementing the Next Generation Science Standards
- Foster Project Based Learning (PBL), Design Thinking (DT), and Scientific Inquiry methods
- Provide you with tools you can use to teach the process for doing science and engineering in the context of authentic Science & Engineering Fair projects
Take it from the Pros
“Science Fair Fun transformed the process we utilized to support students to excel in Science, Technology, Engineering and Math. This resource provides a hands-on approach to teaching students to engage in meaningful personalized learning.” – Jim Havens, Principal, Kyffin Elementary School
“I had students leave the Science Fair so excited. They saw themselves as scientists for the first time. To see that spark in their eye and their desire to learn and to do something beyond themselves … was so excited for me as a teacher.” – Laurie McKibben, 5th Grade Teacher, Foothills Elementary School
3-5th Grade teachers at Colorado Public Schools with > 30% FRL, sign up to receive
donated Make Science Fair Fun In-class Project Kits for the 2019/20 academic year!
Make Science Fair Fun™ Introduction to “The” Scientific Method
Challenge your students to develop their NGSS Science & Engineering Practices and STEM skills. These grade-level In-class Project Kits help to introduce your students to the process for doing science or engineering in the context of a Science & Engineering Fair project. Each kit aligns with and supplements the new Colorado Academic Standards in Science. You will get:
Overview: Students will conduct a scientific investigation that uses prior knowledge from their own life experience and takes them through the steps necessary for completing a science fair style project.
Teachers will engage in free online professional development to …
- Feel prepared to teach and support students while introducing them to process for doing science in the context of a Science & Engineering Fair project
- Learn how to challenge students to use a growth mindset to identify how the project applies to their own lives.
Students will …
- Prepared to carry out their own science fair project with the support of a teacher, mentor or parent.
- Like a they can be a scientist.
- “The” Scientific Method, which is just one approach to carry out a science fair project.
- That they can use science to explore things that make them curious and learn about the natural world.
- How to use real scientific tools and what scientists do.
Example 5th Grade Kit Contents
Student Kit Materials:
- 60 Poly 3-prong, 2-pocket project folders
- 60 Printed Student Lesson + Worksheets (6 pages)
- 60 Printed Pre-assessments
- 60 Printed Post-assessments
- Project Materials:
- 60 Rulers
- 60 Pipettes
- 30 Petri dishes
- 60 Magnifying lenses
- 60 Pencils
- 60 Pencil Pouches
- 60 of each of 3 types of paper
- 2 Printed Teacher Lesson Plans (6 pages)
- 2 Containers of 100 Capillary Tubes
- 2 Containers of food coloring
Value: $205 per class kit
How it Works
- If you accept the donated Science Fair Fun resources, then we just ask that you only cover shipping and handling of all of the materials to your school ($14).
- You agree to facilitate the students’ pre- and post- assessment tool and provide us with anonymous results.
- You agree to complete and submit an online program feedback form and the assessment tool results.
- Innovative solutions to laying the foundation for fun, inclusive and skills-based Science & Engineering Fairs.
- Offer the In-class Project Kits to teachers on the wait list on a first-come, first served basis.
- We will email you once your kits are available to ship.
- If you decide to decline the offer, then we will simply offer the resources to the next teacher on our wait list.