Science Fair FunTM is on a mission to narrow the STEM mentorship gap that students experience during Science Fair. We are a 501(c)(3) Public Charity (EIN# 82-2360707) that provides leading edge services and resources that inspire and empower kids and their grownups to have fun and innovative Science & Engineering Fair experiences. Science Fair FunTM programs:
- Foster authentic STEM learning experiences for students of different interests, talents and learning styles, worldwide.
- Make the most of the creative thinking process by using visual tools for thinking and proven STEM Project-Based Learning (PBL) and Design Thinking (DT) approaches.
- Challenge student’s mastery of the Next Generation Science Standards (NGSS) Science & Engineering Practices and their 21st Century Skills, namely creativity, critical thinking, communication, and collaboration.
Science Fair Fun is a mission driven organization committed to narrowing the STEM mentorship gap that students experience during Science Fair by inspiring and empowering students to innovate through Science & Engineering Fair (SEF) projects. Science Fair Fun has a foundation of values based on:
- Fostering educational equity – Each and every student, locally to worldwide, deserves the opportunity to learn and grow through Science Fair Fun cutting edge resources, regardless of their access to financial, mentoring and educational resources.
- Prioritizing integrity and innovation – all Science Fair Fun products and services must have a solid foundation in integrity and innovation.
- Emphasizing skills development – Science Fair Fun’s products and services emphasize skills development, not winning, by challenging student’s NGSS Science and Engineering Practices and their 21st Century Skills.
- Promoting authentic and experiential learning –
- Science Fair Fun services must support students, parents, teachers, mentors and fair coordinators who want to foster authentic K-12 learning and innovation through positive Science & Engineering Fair experiences.
- Authentic learning will help produce the next generation of entrepreneurs who will drive the future of Science, Technology, Engineering & Math (STEM) innovations worldwide.
- Authentic STEM learning experiences can be created through Scientific Inquiry, Project Based Learning (PBL) and engineering Design Thinking (DT) approaches to Science & Engineering Fair (SEF) projects.
President + Founder
Wendy Wempe, PhD
As both a scientist and mother, I am driven to the core to revolutionize the Science Fair experience for kids and their grown-ups. Having dedicated the last 25 years to STEM research, teaching and mentorship, I recently ditched my career as a geophysics research professor to pursue this passion – and now, I am on a mission. This mission brewed over several years while I:
- Mentored dozens of children on their Science Fair projects
- Judged local, regional and state Science & Engineering Fairs
- Helped schools implement fun and innovative Science Fairs
I know my venture is audacious – my husband reminds me of this routinely. I am following my heart and intuition, while feeding off advice from the pros – kids, parents and teachers. I am excited to see that all of this hard work and perseverance is coming to fruition!
This Science Fair Fun journey is one of those rare times when all of the stars have aligned and I have been blessed with the support of a whole village. I owe my heartfelt thanks to all of the wonderful people in my village who have lifted me up and inspired me throughout this long and challenging ride. A heartfelt THANK YOU to all of you who can appreciate the value of Science Fair Fun and have lifted me up!